Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer
Minimum 3-5 years experience
We have an immediate position for a talented Landscape Architect, or Landscape Designer with the ability to become registered, to join our team. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong design and graphic production skills including. Candidates should have a full range of project experience from conceptual design through construction administration. Strong consideration will be given to those candidates with proﬁciency developing construction documentation, strong horticulture knowledge and comfortable with planting design. Candidates must be detail oriented; exude time management skills; adaptable to changing deadlines and project priorities; and work well collaboratively. Designers are expected to think critically, show pride in the work they produce and contribute creatively to the design process.
Cadence is a landscape architecture and urban design ﬁrm founded in 2010 by Gage Couch and Rebecca Bradley. At Cadence, we foster a company culture that promotes a cross pollination of ideas, holds true to triple bottom line values and practices smart design. We also believe that great people make a great company. The Cadence team delivers results beyond the traditional landscape architecture scope by combining expertise in art, design and community engagement. The ﬁrm is recognized for developing exceptional design solutions which include destination resorts, urban redevelopments, and award winning commercial and residential projects. Cadence’s design process is committed to creating projects rooted in a strong sense of place, while applying a high attention to construction details which result in the ﬁnal execution of projects. Our office is located in the FAT Village Arts District in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Do you have these qualiﬁcations?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited University or College
- Either registered or the ability to become registered
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience, preferably local to the South Florida Region
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, LandFX and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling programs (SketchUp, Rhino, Lumion)
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Responsible, hard-working and self-motivated
- Ability to self-edit work and command a high level of accuracy
Other responsibilities would include:
- Work directly with the principals in a team driven environment
- Prepare drawing sets and presentation packages
- Conduct research, prepare site reviews and analysis
- Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards
- Production of construction drawings, details and speciﬁcations
Additional skills a plus:
- LEED AP or SITES AP
- Knowledge of subtropical plant material, native to South Florida and Caribbean
Please send a cover letter, along with a digital copy of your resume and portfolio in PDF or JPG format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt we will review and contact you should your qualﬁcations meet our staffing needs. Emails only, no phone calls please.